Gear up for safety month today!
Make sure your family has a plan in case of an emergency, and practices it at least twice a year. Drills are especially crucial for fires, but are also valuable for natural disasters. Here are some helpful hints to keep in mind while creating and implementing your plan:
• Draw out a diagram of your home and keep escape routes clear at all times
• Test all exits and make sure doors and windows are able to be opened
• Practicing your plan in the dark can help mimic the room appearance in a fire or if the power goes out
• Make sure every family member is aware of the plan and walk children through the process with you
• Be aware of everyone’s capabilities – if there is an elderly family member that needs extra assistance, keep their safety in mind when creating your drill
This is the year to show him you care. Give the gift of resqme, A Gift for Life! The resqme Window Breaker and Seat Belt Cutter Premium Pack is On Sale now from amazon. You get the Premium Accessories Pack for the same price as the single pack! Learn More!
After the bridge collapsed on the I-5 in Washington yesterday, Popular Mechanics & NPR KUOW radio in Washington highlight this incident as a wake-up call: Don’t wait to learn on how to escape a sinking car.