Written by Brendan
To keep the roads safe, many prevention and enforcement programs are employed across the country, including roving police patrols and alcohol checkpoints at various spots to catch drunk-driving offenders. The NHTSA recommends some simple steps to help ensure a safe and festive holiday. They include:
- Plan a safe way home before the festivities begin.
- Designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home.
- Use public transportation, a local taxi service or your community’s sober ride program.
- If you know people who are about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help them make other travel arrangements.
- If you see a drunk driver on the road, call local law enforcement.
Please click here ->