Recipe for a Safe Thanksgiving Trip
From resqme, Inc.
- Prep your car – check fluids, wipers, lights, and tires
- Prep yourself – get a good night’s sleep and know your route
- Prep the family – pack activities for the kids
- Buckle Up – that means everyone
- Watch the weather – adjust your plan accordingly
- Be patient – rushing just isn’t worth it
Makes 1 whole safe holiday road trip
Serves the entire extended family
Share this recipe with your loved ones and enjoy your holiday with peace of mind.
- 1 complete plan (know when and where you are going)
- 1 map (or substitute with GPS or smart phone app)
- 1 copilot (recommended for long drives)
- 2-3 activities for the children (as needed) – drivers and copilots can become distracted trying to entertain the children.
- 1 generous dose of patience – to offset the combination of heavy traffic, fatigue, and anticipation.
- Pack your bags into the car the night before your trip to avoid a delayed and rushed departure.
- Familiarize yourself with your route. Look it up before you begin driving. If you need clarification en route, pull over or ask your copilot. Don’t read directions while driving.
- For best results, prepare yourself with a good night’s sleep the night before.
Leave earlier, drive slower, live longer.