It’s that time of year when the open road is calling. Hello, summer! Whether it’s day trips through the state or adventures across the nation, resqme has your 10 Summer Road Trip Essentials with your fun and safety in mind.
- GPS Navigation System – Of course! New places mean unexplored roads and every now and then we miss exits or take wrong turns. Actual maps are also great to have on hand in case batteries die.
- Tire Gauge – Long drives cause wear and tear, especially to tires. A tire gauge is handy to check tires at long stops so you can monitor their road trip potential.
- Journal – Don’t forget to document your trip. Jot down your journey and store photos and mementos so you can always remember your trip when summer starts to fade.
- Neck Pillow – Stay comfortable in your car when you take a break from driving or keep passengers comfy as they watch the scenery go by.
- Electronics – In between places of interest, keep antsy passengers entertained. DVDs for the little ones, iPhones or iPads for the older kids and upload Mom or Dad’s favorite music playlist to pass the time on the road.
- Camera – Point, Shoot, Click. And if you use your phones, upload them so friends and family can track your trip.
- First Aid Kit – Accidents sometimes happen, but it’s good to keep a basic kit available of bandages, alcohol swabs, pain relievers, etc.
- Snacks and Water – Hungry passengers make for unhappy company. Load up on healthy treats like granola, fruit, and pretzels and avoid the expense and temptation of fast food joints.
- Chargers – Road trips are a great way to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life, but for the electronics you bring along, don’t forget their respective chargers to maintain battery life.
- Resqme – The must-have rescue tool for any driver. In case of an emergency on the road due to flood, fire, or an unfortunate accident, the resqme tool is essential for peace of mind on the road.
Happy summer traveling from resqme!