Believe it or not, summer is winding down, and it’s time to start thinking about going back to school! To make the transition as easy as possible, we’ve got you covered with a fresh to-do list. We’ve covered it all and are here to help you get ready for a new year of student life.
- Get a fresh haircut. “New start, new you” they say. Why not try something different? You always wanted to rock bangs or a bob haircut but you were never brave enough? There’s no time like the present! Set up an appointment with your favorite hairdresser. And if you end up not liking it, which we highly doubt, it will always grow back!
- Pack wisely. Think twice when packing. Space can be limited when moving from home to attend school. Remember, free time will be at an all-time low so don’t fill it with all those books you have but never got a chance to read. Same for your clothes, only pack what you wear the most and feel confident in. eBay, consignment stores, or better, donate the stuff you don’t wear anymore.
- Invest in things you’ll use again and again. A new laptop, a sturdy back pack, cozy jacket, a top quality set of headphones and an extra phone charger!
- Create a space you love. Everything from wall decals to pillows, picture frames and scented candles, can help make your dorm feel like home.
- Edit your resume. Before getting into a school routine, update your resume. So that the moment when you encounter the perfect side-job to finance your weekends you’ll be ready for hire.
- Pick up a new planner. You might get one for free but it won’t reflect your true self as much as a furry mermaid cover one would. Get some new school supplies, too.
- Try a new activity. Always wanted to try indoor climbing? Check out the Student Activities and Campus Life for clubs and student groups. Experiencing activities outside the classroom is a great way to socialize!
- Stay safe. College can be an incredible and rewarding experience. But as busy as you will be with adjusting to independence, new classes and new friends, don’t forget to stay safe and to maintain awareness. Sadly, at campuses big and small, rural and urban, safety is an issue. During 2015, more than 36 thousand criminal offenses were reported. Always have somebody to walk with after dark. Stay safe off campus as well: ask a friend to walk you home, keep your door locked, and keep a safety device with you. Our defendme personal safety alarm comes with a powerful siren that immediately draws attention to you when needed and it’s ideal for campus students. Pepper spray is also a good option. Get our combo deal here!
- Finally, trust and be yourself. Be confident: it’s time to blossom into your best self and enjoy a great time in your life!